Sat, 25 Mar|
Springing into Action - Gardening Jobs for Spring
A workshop to get you and your garden ready for the spring
Time & Location
25 Mar, 10:00 – 14:00
Goodnestone, Goodnestone, Faversham ME13 9DA, UK
About the event
In this workshop we will look at preparing the garden after the winter break.
- Preparing our tools and equipment for the summer ahead
- Reviewing what is happening
- Cutting back plants
- Clearing unwanted ground cover
- Spotting gaps
- Increasing plant supplies by dividing and repositioning plants as necessary
- Taking root cuttings as appropriate
- Planning seasonal progression particularly in the cut flower border
This workshop will involve practical work so please wear appropriate footwear and clothing. Please bring secateurs if you have them.
Timing and Lunch
The workshop is from 10.00 to 1.00, with a short tea break midway, and will be followed by lunch from 1.00-2.00, in the Granary or by the pond if the weather is mild enough. Bring your own lunch along, or add a delicious Wasted Kitchen soup or dhal* for £8 when you check out. (*Vegetarian as standard. Please contact us if you require vegan, or with any other specific dietary requirements) Hot drinks are included in the price.
Workshop Facilitator - Gail Rowlands
My name is Gail. After teaching for 30+years I decided to follow my dream and garden. I am passionate about working with and for nature. I am also passionate about sharing gardening knowledge with others and demystifying as much of horticulture as I can. Since 2019 I have had the joy of developing the garden at Langdon using all the methods mentioned above.
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
Previous participants' comments about Gail's gardening workshops
- Really informative, broke down the fear barrier!
- Had a super time and was inspired to just dive in and "do it"!
- Gail is so knowledgable and gave her experience and resources so generously and humourously.
Workshop + BYO lunch
Bring your own lunch / Tea and coffee provided
Workshop + soup/dhal lunch
Includes soup or dhal (vegetarian) and bread / Tea and coffee provided